HSCA Sponsors and Vendors
Sponsors and vendors are individuals, businesses, and services that provide some assistance or commercial value to the association in support of chiropractic. The HSCA appreciates all of our sponsors and vendors for their willingness to bring value, benefit, and enhancements to our practices and our profession.
Hawaii Advanced Imaging Institute
Our newest supporter and HSCA corporate member, Hawaii Advanced Imaging Institute.
Besides high quality MRI, CT & x-ray services, the Institute provides 3T MRI imaging services with consideration of Chiropractic patients/practitioners needs regarding upright/weight bearing imaging studies.
To that end, they have available on request the utilization of the "Dynawell" system, that simulates the upright/weight bearing position while the patient is supine. (This system utilizes a traction like device to put the spine into a similar stress to a weight bearing posture).
The MRI unit can accommodate large size patients due to its advanced design, while offering high quality imaging studies.
Standard x-ray, CT and other imaging services are available. Auto accident & workers' compensation claim referrals are accepted.
For scheduling patient appointments for MRI imaging please call:
(808) 591-1504 or fax your referral to: (808) 591-1506.
Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company
As a Hawaii State Chiropractic Association member, you are eligible for preferential rates or no-cost benefit enhancements from Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company.
Mutual of Omaha was chartered in 1909 and offers a diversified line of insurance and financial products that can help you accumulate wealth, save for your children’s education, protect your business, plan for retirement, and prepare for the unexpected.
Below is a list of savings offered to qualifying associates on five products:
• Disability Income Insurance-15% discount. Helps protect your ability to earn a living when you are unable to work because of a sickness or disability (own Occ).
• Long-Term Care Insurance-5% discount. Helps protect your retirement assets, maintain your independence, and avoid burdening your family with care giving.
• Critical Illness Insurance-free inpatient confinement rider. Pays a lump-sum benefit amount ($10,000 to $250,000) upon diagnosis of a critical illness or condition, such as, cancer or a heart attack, helping you avoid the financial strain of a major illness and pay bills while you are recovering.
• Life Insurance -free disability benefit waiver on Universal Life products.
• Income Access Single Premium Immediate Annuity -free guaranteed minimum death benefit rider. Protects against outliving your savings by providing guaranteed lifetime income payments.
Other products available include IRA’s, Business Expense Insurance, and Key-Man Insurance.
To learn more about how Mutual of Omaha can help you, call Terry Peacock at (808) 942-8133 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Terry will work with you to customize insurance protection coverage that meets your professional and personal needs.
Note: These benefit enhancements and discounts are not available to the public. As an association member, preferential rates are available only to you and your family members upon meeting underwriting qualifications.
REMINGTON COLLEGE SUPPORTS THE HSCA & YOUR PRACTICE
Since 2003, Remington College – Honolulu Campus has worked with various spas and clinics throughout the Hawaiian Islands as a resource for their Licensed Massage Therapy hiring needs.
Remington’s Massage Therapy Diploma Program consists of 720 hours of curriculum, which includes 160 hours of clinical hands-on internship training at the on-campus Massage Therapy Clinic. Students are instructed in anatomy and physiology, hygiene and infection control, managing business practices, state laws and professional ethics, computer applications, front desk management, and CPR. The program is designed to provide a variety of therapeutic, restorative massage techniques and adjunctive therapies, including:
· Deep Tissue, Swedish, Pre- and Post-Natal, Infant and Geriatric Massage
· Introduction to Shiatsu, Thai, Sports, and Lomilomi Massage
· Hydrotherapy, Electrotherapy, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, and Aromatherapy.
The Honolulu Campus is equipped with its own student Massage Therapy Clinic, which allows students to acquire practical experience in a real learning environment.
In addition to providing students with the education training needed to prepare them to become Licensed Massage Therapists for the State of Hawaii, Remington College also provides additional benefits designed to further prepare them for the working world. Graduates receive state licensure, liability insurance coverage, and a massage table at no additional cost.
Remington College – Honolulu Campus is committed to keeping up with industry standards. Many of the employers who utilize our employment services also participate in our annual Program Advisory Committee (PAC). This program allows industry professionals to provide our Education Department with valuable feedback on our curriculum, input regarding industry trends, and more.
Interested in learning more about Licensed Massage Therapy services? Please call the Career Services Department at (808) 942-1000 or visit www.remingtoncollege.edu/honolulu
The HSCA welcomes the opportunity to partner with sponsors and vendors who can bring something of value and benefit to the association and to our doctors. If you know of any person or business interested in partnering with the HSCA, please direct them to HSCA President, Dr. Joseph G. Morelli, Jr. (808) 926-8883.